Skip to main content

Can a 17 year old girl move out of her mothers house into her grandmothers house without her mothers consent?

Saint Louis, MO |

My mother treats me like a slave. and acts as if im still a 8 year old child. We fight everyday, and im sick of it. I have a job. And i am great in school and also am planning on going to college. I conside myself one of the most mature 16 year olds. I just want to move out and move in with my grandmother so i can stop the fighting and arguing. Let my mother grow up, because she has mental disabilities where she is not grown in some parts of her head.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You are still a minor. If your mother agrees great if not your grandmother may need to petition.

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer