Ok so I’m dating a girl who is 16 and I know usually the legal consent is 17 but when I google search about wether it’s ok or not I get really mixed result. Most of them say a person who is between 15 and 17 can consent to someone who is two years or older. I just want to be safe and make sure I’m safe if we do decide to consent to eachother.
She's jail bait until 17. Then both of you get gardasil shots and use birth control so you don't give each other cancer or ruin each other's lives with a child before you have finished your education.
In Louisiana, a person 17 or older can consent to have sex with any person who is 17 years old or older.
A minor between the ages of 13 and 15 can consent to have sex with someone who is up to 3 years older than them. However, a minor between the ages of 15 and 17 may consent to sex only if the other person is 2 years older or less.
Get out a calendar and check exactly how much older you are. If you are even one day over the limit, you lose the exception.
● The Top Ten crimes that an adult who has a "relationship" with a child MIGHT be charged with:
10. Interference with the Custody and Control of a Parent (Misdemeanor)
9. Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (Misdemeanor)
8. Importuning, Lewd or Lascivious Conduct or Communication with a minor for immoral purposes (Misdemeanor)
7. Providing Alcohol to a Minor (Misdemeanor)
6. "Grooming" a Child (Felony)
5. Sexting and/or Solicitation of a Minor (Felony)
4. Possession, Production, and Distribution of Child Pornography (Felony)
3. Loitering, Conspiracy to Loiter, and Mopery (Misdemeanor or Felony)
2. Kidnapping and/or a violation of the Mann Act (Felony)
1. Rape and/or Sexual Abuse and/or Molestation of a Child (Felony)
● Notes to the older person: Children often have "Romantic Fantasies" that they tell their friends or write down.
Children often seek revenge when the adult drops them for another sex target.
● Other Notes This is not a complete list of ALL possible ways the adult can get in trouble/jail/prison.
Different states may call these crimes by different names. Some states might not convict an adult who boinks a child if a "Romeo & Juliet" exception exists.
Pissed-off parents can make your life miserable.
PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME with followup questions. Instead, you may make a comment below, which will be sent to me automatically. If you need an attorney to assist you, please search in your local area, or click the "Find a Lawyer" link at the top of the page. I am active on AVVO and answer questions only as a public service. I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline