Skip to main content

Came usa six week ago with fiancé visa and get married and I get my weeding certificate and get saperation can I still get

Bridgeport, CT |

my llegel satuatus form cheating hasbend he do not want to apply for my green card and have relations with other womans how I can stay in usa

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


6 weeks is not long for a marriage. My understanding is that you would need to show and prove that your marriage was made independent of the immigration benefits.

You need to talk to an immigration attorney especially if you are here illegally.


I would consult an immigration attorney since this is fact-specific

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer