California Workers’ Comp.; Commutation

Anaheim, CA |

California Workers’ Comp.; Commutation
I just received the Commutation Award from my Workers’ Comp. Judge; how long does the Insurer have to send me the check?

Best Answer

Defendant has 30 days to pay or appeal.

Attorney Borah is licensed in California and has very strong reviews. I would defer to his judgment on this issue. If you don't have an attorney, use the find an attorney now button to locate qualified counsel near you.

I agree with my colleague, Mr. Borah. In the event that you do no receive your check within this allotted time period, your lawyer will file for a hearing, along with the filing of a petition for penalties and sanctions.

Hope this helps,

Michael Ian Rott, Esq.
Managing Partner

HIDEN, ROTT & OERTLE, LLP

2635 Camino del Rio South, Suite 306
San Diego, California 92108
Office: 619.296.5884, ext. 14
Fax: 619.296.5171
Cell: 619.252.2248
Email: mrott@hrollp.com
Avvo: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/92108-ca-michael-rott-272982.html
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-rott/b/952/aa9/

Web: www.hrollp.com
San Diego - El Centro

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.