California Unemployment Insurance Claim question

Cupertino, CA |

I have 2 questions regarding EDD UI eligibility;

Question 1) The biweekly claims form asks a question "Did you work or earn any money, whether you were paid or not? In the box below they list the types of payment - self-employment being one of them.
My question is whether rental income needs to be declared, and especially if the rental property is owned jointly with a spouse?

In other words, does UI have anything to do with rental income received on a property owne jointly with spouse?

Question 2) If I sign release of all claims with my terminating empoyer, I am eligible for a severance payout which I understand will be made in 2 installments. Will this eliminate my UI claim? Will the elimination of claim be limited only to the weeks the severance was paid as lump sum?

Don't sign any forms without first talking /w an experienced attorney in your area. You may want to call your local bar assn. attorney referral service.