My 9 yr. old child's father and i have joint legal and physical custody and we reside in CA. I am relocatiing to Co. we have agreed to father = 50.4% parenting time and mother = 49.6. School time will be split: fall = co., Spring = CA. summer split accordingly.
Father wants to include the following in the MSA/Parenting plan:
1. California retains sole subject matter jurisdiction over the issue of care and custody.
2. Ca remains the home state of the child.
3. the child has and will continue to have a significant connection to the state of CA, due to the father's ext. family and the child's pediatrician, therapist, friends, school etc...
1. are points 2 & 3 necessary?
2. How relevant is point 3 - what is the goal ?
Sign up to receive a 5-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.