CA: 1st chrg premed attpd murder had prelim hrg; later 2nd chrg mayhem, no prelim hrg.Am I entitld to prelim hrg on mayhem chrg?

Santa Monica, CA |

1st time in CA working; 4th nite 2:00am w/co-worker left hotel to walk for cigs. We both 25 yrs old. No criminal backgrd. Came across 45 yr old male shadow boxing w/13 lb weights in each hand complete stranger,Ran into me and grabbed me around neck pulling me to ground. I punched him in face about 5x to free myself and we ran away, 10 seconds. He had fractured orbital, jaw, skull. Witness said whole incident was 10 seconds and 5 x hits w/hand only. 45 yr old told police we attacked him from behind as we passed him. He told 2nd witness "guess I got dealt with".Police said we tried to kill him b/c co-wrker pointed toward gas station. Police said point targeted him as he walked toward us on street. 1st attys did nothing at prelim. 45 yr old on steroids and xanex, other drugs alcohol. Need 2nd

From your facts it seems like you have a strong case. Have you tried speaking with the public defender? These are very serious charges and I would recommend having a consultation with an attorney in your local area. Contact your local bar association (http://www.lacba.org/) and ask for a criminal defense attorney referral.
This website isn't really for asking such serious questions, you really need to speak one on one with a criminal defense attorney.

No; Mayhem is alesser included gharge.

I wanna be like Mike, he is correct and to the point, but you must stop posting on a public website. Hire a friggen private attorney.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Michael Douglas Shafer

Michael Douglas Shafer

Yee Gods! Say it, Mr. Cohen!