Skip to main content

C.p.s is using my past to deny me custody of grand kids.

Houston, TX |

I had cps case in 1994, got custody back. Have been sober since 2002 can i get grand kids????

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


No lawyer in this forum can tell you this. Grandparents rights are very narrow and specific under Texas law. You need an attorney to advise you of your rights.

Brian Tyrone is a licensed Texas attorney. Any answers I provide are not intended to be legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. Because there is no attorney-client relationship established by any answers I provide, you should consult with a licensed attorney in order to understand your legal rights and responsibilities.


You need a good family lawyer with experience with CPS cases. You can find one using the "Find a Lawyer" tab above.

The lawyer needs to understand why you are seeking custody of your grand kids and review the earlier CPS case. They can also help you convince CPS of your sobriety.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer