Skip to main content

C Corporation recruiting a Director

Philadelphia, PA |

I am having a college hire put list of Board members in place for C corporation. We can send them an appointment letter, but how to make them come on our payroll ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Board members on payroll? You normally have officers on payroll. Board member compensation is usually in the form of equity compensation and never as employment income for various tax and, in particular, corporate governance issues.

Hire a PA business attorney so they can advise the corporation.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Your situation is really not that clear at all. You should probably discuss this with a lawyer in private before you do anything further.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer