Skip to main content

By Brother inlaw has an immigration hold on him

Mcallen, TX |

He wrote and asked for us to mail him an entry form (that we could obtain at the local immigration office )to him where he is being held in Hondo Tx. so that they can remove his hold . He is coming up for parole in Nov. He was locked up for too many DWIs he's been in there for 2 yrs now .. Could that entry form work ? or should we get him an attorney ? oh he has a green card and a job waiting for him when he gets out - all this letters where submitted to the parole board.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

An attorney should be able to clarify the situation and get the immigration detainer lifted after he/she has had the opportunity to assess the criminal history; and has determined that he is not removable.

Contact an experienced immgration lawyer asap.

Best of luck.


You should definitely get an attorney to review your brother in law's situation. Once his criminal sentence is completed, he will be transferred into ICE custody for removal/deportation proceedings. If there is potential relief from removal, an attorney could get him a bond and defend him in immigration court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer