Skip to main content

Burglary of habitation with intent to commit theft 15 year ago

San Antonio, TX |

Hi my brother pleaded guilty to burglary of habitation and was place on deferred adjudication for 2 years, the exact lenguage of the indictment says that he entered without consent of owner with intent to commit weapons were involved. Can he get in trouble with immigration for this? He's a LPR since 1987 n this happened in 1998

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I added an Immigration tag to this question, so hopefully some immigration attorneys can better answer your question.

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


I agree with Mr. Hamer that this is an immigration law question. I am moving it to the immigration law section of avvo.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


Regardless of how long ago a crime was committed it can adversely effect your brother's green card. It is best too bring all the documentation to an immigration attorney to review the paper work.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer