Skip to main content

Breach of verbal agreement to work on a tv show. ( how do i win this case?)

Arlington, TX |

was promised to be a cameraman/possible host on a tv show. agreement was broken, have video proof and witnesses and emails and text messages confirming i was apart of this project. non-disclosure forms were signed. however specific dollar amounts were not fully discussed.
my question how do i prove i was apart and get my position back. ( there is more details but i'll wait to talk to someone 1st).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would bring the evidence you have - the emails, text messages & video - to an attorney. Courts prefer to interpret a written agreement. What you have might not seem like a typical contract/written agreement, but it might be close enough to show what the terms of the agreement were. That's why I recommend bringing your evidence to an attorney to get more evaluation. Try to find someone who does a free consultation, and is willing to take a case on a contingency basis.

Is this “helpful” or a “best” answer? Please mark it if it was, and I hope it was! Thank you! Nancy L. Ballast is an attorney in west Michigan, with a practice centered on family law, estate planning, and criminal law.



thank you for your advice it is much appreciated. AL.


I agree with my colleague, oral contracts , even those supported by emails, etc., are tough, because a lack of a formal written contract or even a deal memo tends to mean a lack of contract. Likewise, witnesses that you expect to support your version of the facts tend to get amnesia when asked to participate in litigation that doesn't benefit them.

You have to find a lawyer who can help you. You'll never successfully litigate a case like this on your own.

I'm skeptical of your fact pattern because being a cameraman and being a host are 2 very different things and if your contract is too vague for a judge to enforce, then the claim won't prevail.

See a business litigator for help.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.



the cameraman position was offered 1st, and the hosting was more implied but never really gotten around to when "things went south so to speak" and you are correct about the witnesses, having dealt with them in the past i particularly ( and this is sad) do not trust them, i feel they would have to be compelled to just tell the truth as it is.


You really should just speak with an attorney. Considering you have more information that seems relevant, it's not real useful for us attorneys to hypothecate without the facts.

The above statements are provided as general information and not intended as legal advice. Each matter has its own set of unique circumstances that cannot be adequately addressed without consultation. You are strongly advised to hire an attorney licensed to practice law in your state to represent you.



thank you for your imput. this is something i don't particularly wish to do, however i feel compelled to this action if nothing else than to stand up for myself for an injustice i feel was don't to me. and at the core this is not about monetary gain for myself i don't wish a dime, just what was promised and "dangled" before me is delievered upon.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer