Boyfriend was arrested for criminal mischief, burglary in dwelling, and battery what do I do?

Mount Dora, FL |

boyfriend was really drunk and asked to use a mans phone. the man called me and told me he was really drunk t come get him. I was on the phone with him until I found them. my boyfriend was passed out naked by a house and he had fallen into a fence damaging it. the officers eventually show up and were going to let him go to me if I paid 300 to the renters. in working on getting the money boyfriend became aggravated they had restrained him and they way they had him was hurting him and he used racial they took the deal off and came up with the charges then the man says that he was seually battered. no the so called victim is texting me trying to get money out of me and he will drop the charges what do I do? they give me the run around. I don't have a lot of money I need help!!!!!!!!

Save the text messages. Print them out if you can. Even if you don't have a lot of money this is certainly a case where you want to consult with an attorney. Most attorneys will give you a free consultation. Speak with a couple, and then you can make a more informed decision.
www.colleenglenn.com

William David Umansky

William David Umansky

HI Colleen!

Colleen M. Glenn

Colleen M. Glenn

Hi! Hope all is well in Orlando!!

Sounds like a crazy case! Unfortunately your boyfriend has got some serious charges as a Burglary with a Battery therein is a PBL (punishable by life ) crime. Be careful texting the victim as you do not want to get a tampering charge which is also a felony. Print out all the texts and screen shot them. Take them to a lawyer and get some help! Good luck!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714 bill@thelawman.net

Your boyfriend needs to be very careful not to talk to the victim on the jail phones. The phones in the jails are recorded and he does not want a tampering charge. He could also be charged with tampering if the State suspects you are helping buy their testimony for him. These are very serious charges. Save the text messages. They may be good impeachment at trial or good for negotiating. If they are making accusations just to get money from him, he may have a good defense. Make sure his attorney has these texts and uses the wisely.

It sounds complicated. You need to find him a Lake County attorney since things are difficult there.