Skip to main content

Bought house at foreclosure. Boat in side yard and automobile in carport. What can I do to claim these? Do I have them towed?

Jacksonville, FL |

Boat and car left behind by former owner of house. I purchased house at foreclosure sale. What do I do to legally get title to these?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

You may have them towed under the provisions of Section 715.07, Florida Statutes.

This information is being provided for informational purposes only and is not to be taken as legal advice or to establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information on the experience of our attorneys and the services of our Firm, please visit our website at


Great question. You can have them towed by a towing and storage company who would eventually sell them to recover their towing and storage expenses, after getting title, legally. Perhaps there is a way for you to start charging for storage to eventually get title just like a towing company would. Consult with an attorney and a towing and storage company in your area.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239