Skip to main content

Bond to stay away from wife, but does NOT include our kids. She refuses arrangement for me to see them. What rights do I have?

Chicago, IL |

We have children together. My wife took off ("legally kidnapped") our children & moved to another city. My wife had me charged with Domestic Battery, so I have a bond condition to stay away from my wife, but not from our children. I have requested to see them via 3rd party to avoid violating bond by getting them from her. She refused to make any such arrangement. And to make sure I don't see the kids, she's threatened an order of protection against me for the unfounded as that is. Do I not have a right to be with my kids? Can the court order her to cooperate? If she does file an OoP how can i fight that?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


yes you have a right to see your kids. yes you should go to court to enforce that right. yes you can fight the oop.

best if you hire a family law lawyer to help you.


If you do not have a lawyer4, you really need one. You have a right to see your children if there is no order preventing you from doing to. You have a right to defend the OP. You have many good attorneys in your area. Speak with several experienced practitioners and hire the one you like the best.


You need to file an action in the probate and Family Court.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein


gary commented before and here you are again. In Illinois,, where you are not licensed, the above referenced type of case is not heard in probate court.



Judy, thank you for pointing this out and correcting for the state where my case is!!


File a motion to modify the bond conditions. If she files a petition for an order of protection you can oppose same and request visitation/scheduling with the minors.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer