Skip to main content

Best free location to create a living will/will to establish beneficary of Term Life and Life policy's, Pension payout/division.

Columbus, OH |

Seeking dissoloution after 26 yr marriage. Want to create will (living) to provide disbursement to kids only, eclude ex spouse from any $$

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The only right way is to contact a local probate attorney and have them draft a document that meets your needs. You do not want to jeopardize that your wishes may not be met over a few hundred dollars, do you?

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Mr. McCormick. The free online services are not the way to go. You should meet with a local estate planning attorney for a comprehensive estate plan to be drafted. There are many attorneys in your area that will do this at a very reasonable fee.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.


By spending a little money on quality legal representation you will be assured of achieving the results you desire. This is not the type of thing to skimp on. There are too many rules, laws and regulations for a layperson to navigate in the area of estate planning. I suggest you hire an attorney and get it done right.

This information is not intended, and should not be construed, as legal advice. I encourage those with questions to consult an attorney of their choice for guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer