Belgian fell in love with american citizen, we want to be together and get married but don't know how to proceed.

Little Rock, AR |

I have to go back in Belgium. When will I be able to come back?

What would happen if I don't go back in Belgium?? I'd love to stay with him, is it possible?

Best Answer

Congratulations on your engagement! You should consult with an immigration attorney to determine the best course of action for your case. You may need to leave and apply for a visa or remain in the U.S. A good fiancée visa attorney can help you make the right decision.

Hire an attorney. Need a little more information to determine the right move. How long were you here in US?

I was here for one and a half month.

Inara Khashmati

Inara Khashmati

There are two options, i you travel back she can file foe fiance visa, or if you are married before you depart ir she travels there and you are married she can file an immediate relative petition, I can explain both option in detail, feel free to call our office. Good Luck!

You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney near you. Your options might include remaining in the USA, or returning to Belgium and applying for a different type of visa, based on your relationship to your US Citizen partner. Best of luck.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Hiring a competent immigration attorney will save you ax lot of money and aggravation on a long run and release tension. Start by using the Find A Lawyer feature here on AVVO.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.