Skip to main content

Being Falsely accused of a sex crime

Whittier, CA |

My brother is being accused of a Lewd Acts with a Child California Penal Code 288. By a second cousin of ours who has falsely accused someone before. We have little money and do not own a home for collateral. I know from personal expierence that a public defender will not pay to much importance to my brother or this case. There are so many programs like the gay/lesbian coalition that provide free legal council. But i cant find anything or anyone that will help us. I'm asking an attorney to please help us, we are willing to pay, we just need someone who is willing to work with us on the payments arrangements and the retainer that deals with L.A County. A charge like this can ruin someone life, please will an attorney search deep within themselves and help us.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Call around to different lawyers' offices. Many have associates who work for them and for whom they will charge lesser fees. You are right to be concerned because this case is serious and needs work - including the help of an investigator. The bond is the secondary concern.


A past false accusation may be very helpful evidence for your brother. If you're eligble for Legal Aid, try them. Otherwise, if you don't trust the public defenders (and even your past expefrience aside, you should), shop around for a reasonably priced criminal defense lawyer. One lawyer you might try is Tony Luti, (323) 960-2600,

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer