Skip to main content

Being denied Non-Indian Husband to live on Indian Reservation?

Spring Creek, NV |

I am an enrolled member of a Tribe that is denying my husband to live with me in my owned home on the Reservation. He has not committed any crimes on Federal Land but it has gone personal. All that was requested is a letter from the Tribe to allow his Probation Officer to come to my home once a month. They have stated they take care of their own. Other Felons live on the Rez. (murderers, drug traffickers, sex offenders who are Indians.) Need your opinions.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the Tribe is enforcing the exclusion of your husband from reservation boundaries, you may be able to seek a writ of habeas corpus in federal court under the Indian Civil Rights Act for violation of due process. You may be able to also seek relief in tribal court or before the tribal council.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer