Skip to main content

Been on unemployment and havent been able to pay my DMV fees or a traffic ticket as well as a few tickets for expired plates.

Ladera Ranch, CA |

This situation is snowballing due to late fees adding up etc and I just got notice my license will be suspended in a month untill all fees are paid plus more fees for the suspension, As a single mom I can only do so much I will never get out of this mess if I cant drive and I am being punished for being unemployment. I need help asap. On top of this my income issue is being compounded by an ex husband who knows I am hurting and dragging me though court making it impossible for me to move even 45 miles to get more work or I lose my son and got child reduced to 0 because he has the ability to hire attorneys and I have been run over in court pro-per I am in such a world of hurt and I feel like I cant get out of this mess. Help me please I am a good person only broke not a criminal

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You might want to take all your paper work and schedule yourself on the calendar and ask for some form of relief. No one knows what relief, if you get it, the judge might provide.

Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

Please remember to designate your question's BEST ANSWER.

Curt Harrington
Certified Tax Specialist -- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Electrical-Chemical-Mechanical Patent (Intellectual Property) Attorney
(562) 594-9784
About Curt:
Visit the Library:

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.


Failures to pay fines can be difficult situations to resolve. You need to try to get your matter in front of sentencing judge and explain your situation. You might be able to get community service. The judge will have to modify sentence to prevent license from being suspended.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer