Skip to main content

Because student is always wrong? or what happening. just help me?

San Francisco, CA |

I'm out of status since 03/08/13 but I know about it after 1.5 months that is in the end of april. after 4 days DHS came to my house took my passport and social security while I wasn't at home. My university couldn't fix SEVIS or they did'nt want it maybe. I am out-of status because I paid tuition later that I didn't know that registration finalized by payment. What should I do. Lincoln university that I study is very awkward because If they informed about it on time I could fix it at that time. the staff of university so bad that no good relations with students. I am here in US for 10 months. what should I because I'm disappointed with those university. because I tried to pay tuition and not making bad thing or violate the rules. Lincoln university(Oakland) hasn't contacted to me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Talk to an immigration attorney about an option of reinstatement with this or other university. You can also talk to DSO but you say they are not very friendly. Maybe presents of an immigration attorney will make them more cooperative. Maybe you should look for another school before your 5 months are over.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Meet with an attorney immediately .. your problems are just starting.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You need to file for a reinstatement of student visa immediately, and through an attorney. If your current university is having issues, I recommend transferring to another university.

800-688-7892, Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer