Skip to main content

Becasue of unemployment i couldnot pay credit card bills

Perris, CA |

i have almost small and big total 13 collections on my credit report when i went to lease my car and they denied, how can i fix? i cannot pay them right away , it going to take 2-3 years but until then my score cannot go up. any solution. i have very limited income.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should file a credit report request an then if the charges are on your credit report, you should dispute the charges. Feel free to contact our firm for a free consultation on your rights - 619 233 7770 - ask for Crosby. Best of luck!

Hyde & Swigart is a law firm concentrating its efforts in the area of consumer law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1692 et seq. (“FDCPA”), and California's Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, California Civil Code §§ 1788-1788.32 ("Rosenthal Act"). Our lawyers are specially trained in the Federal FDCPA, Consumer Defense, and other consumer related matters. Our goal is to protect you against unfair, deceptive and abusive debt collection practices. Creditors, professional debt collectors, and attorneys who violate the law are subject to paying damages, statutory penalties, and the consumer's attorneys fees and costs. If you feel you have been abused, deceived or treated unfairly, you may need a lawyer. We can be reached at 858 900 7342 , or through one of the evaluation forms on this site.


You may be able to contact the creditors to see about working out settlement arrangements. You didn't mention the age of any of these debts and whether or not they might be beyond the statute of limitations. You can also consult with a local bankruptcy attorney to review your options.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con



it has been almost 1 year and most of them said charged off when credit report was pull. i donot have money to pay collection agency


Correcting the bad credit that can result from unemployment can be difficult because if the information in the credit report is true, excuses won't fix it. You may wish to work at creating small positive information rather than focus on the overwhelming task of hiding from the past. You may also want to adjust your expectations and not seek large credit purchases until your have let some time heal the past credit wounds. Hope this perspective helps!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer