Skip to main content

Back injuring

Lexington, NC |

I hurt my back a yr ago i have had several shots in my back been on light duty and still am the fce test and the doctor says i can only pick up no more then 30lb i am a bose lady soy ?is will the insurance offer a settlements for my back oh yea i have not been out of work none i belive in working plus the doctor says i will need the injected in my back for the rest of my life to help with the pain from time to time i not trying to sue i just want to make sure i am done fair

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Not sure of your question, however, please do not assume that the insurance carrier will treat you fairly. Quite the contrarty, the way to try to have a carier treat you "fairly" is be using a local and qualified personal injury/worker's compensation attorney(s). The delay in retaining one is only harming a potential claim. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


I'm not really sure what your question is. If you are wondering if you are getting a fair settlement, you need to speak with an attorney to review the facts underlying your potential claim. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


In many jurisdictions whether the insurance company will offer a settlement for your back may depend on whether the work comp doctor concludes that you have any permanent partial disability. It is importanto understand that the best work comp attorneys will sit down with you, at no cost and with no obligation, and flesh out the details of your situation and how they apply in your situation. In most jurisdictions, obtaining a medical opinion that is provided by a doctor who is well versed in both medical and legal understanding will be a wise consideration but that is a decision to make when you are well advised and informed by a local attorney experienced in work comp claims.


I don't see a question, but you would want to retain a workers comp lawyer to represent you, and you can request a lump sum.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer