Skip to main content

Back child support modification

Washington, DC |

I was ordered to pay 2075 per month in child support for 3 children. I'm active duty military and the amount that was ordered to be paid exceeds limitations. Currently only 1300 is with held from my pay. Not until recently when trying to apply for a loan did I learn that I had amost 17000 in back child support. Obviously the amount that was ordered is above my means and the amount of back support is only going to grow..please help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You would need to file for child support modification/review based on your income, the income of the mother, other exception that may apply such as having other children in you care, being a custodial parent more than 35% of times, health care payments/credits, undue hardship, etc.

Review closely the section on DC Child Support in our site and also the link to DC Child Support Guidelines:

You should consult an experienced DC child support lawyer. This response does not constitute/create an attorney-client relationship. Moreover, this answer is informational only and cannot be construed as a legal advise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer