Skip to main content

B1/B2 Visa Rules

Clifton, NJ |

I have B1/B2 Multiple entry visa for visit USA with validity 5 years. I am an disable guy and i am unable to work or cover me financially. an US Company wish to donate me some money for pass my life. so i wish to know can i recieved the money with this visa and deposite then in a US bank? i really do not want to transfer the money to my home country because my home country is not developed and banks are not reliable.

I wish to know is it legal for me to take the donation from the company in USA and deposite the money in my US bank?

Should i request to the company give me the money by bank tansfer or request to deposite money in cash? whenever i will need money i will visit USA and transfer some for my expanse in my home country. Please help. Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Taking a donation should not be a problem for your B visa

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


While you have a 5 year visa, you are not permitted to remain in the USA for 5 years. Your I-94 states that date you must leave the USA. If you do not/have not left your visa is no longer valid.

You can receive a donation. However, the donation may raise some red flags as to whether you are working without authorization and you are in the USA as a visitor or you have an intection to remain. To make sure the donation is made through proper channels and your immigration status is protected I suggest you work with an experienced immigration attorney.


I agree with Ms. Mulder.