B1-B2 Family Visa but will be travelling alone for a few weeks

Waite, ME |

We applied as a family and wrote on the DS-160 application form that we will be travelling together (going to California), but a few friends from Boston are asking if I could spend some time with them for a couple of weeks first and then join my family in California when they arrive the US. Will it be okay to travel alone even if we stated that we will be travelling together as a family?

Yes it is ok. If teh CBP officer asked you at teh airport, just explain what are your plans.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
Hassan Elkhalil
www.greencardusa.com
(770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

That should not be a problem.

Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.