Skip to main content

B-2 VISA- Please suggest solution.

Raleigh, NC |

My parents went for B-2 Visitor visa in Nov 12 invited for my graduation. It was denied due to 214(b), all family members went for visa stamping on the same day (my parents, grand parents, in laws).
Now I am on OPT. My sibling is due for the Graduation, we both are staying here on F-1. Can I sponsor my parents for my sibling's graduation (sibling is on F-1 and doing C PT)? Is it better if my parents come here with self sponsorship. Both of our spouses are also working on H-1 b, they can also sponsor. What could be the better approach (as it was denied earlier)?

What are the strong Financial Ties and Family ties can be shown to overcome the presumption of Immigrant intent. We have farming land, Cattle (will sell milk to local dairy), aged parents who needs care.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


For more specific advice, please contact an immigration attorney. Most of us provide consultations via Skype. In general, landed prpoerty, job, bank accounts, other assets help in showing suffixient ties with your home country. I would suggest that you seek an immigration attorney to chalk out the best strategy.

No Attorney-Client Relationship Created by attorney's response on Avvo: Neither your receipt of information from this website, nor your use of this website to contact Attorney Birdi creates an attorney-client relationship between you and Attorney Birdi. As a matter of policy, Attorney Birdi does not accept a new client without first investigating for possible conflicts of interests and obtaining a signed engagement letter. No Legal Advice Intended: Attorney Birdi's responses include information about legal issues and legal developments. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and should not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You should contact an attorney for advice on specific legal problems.


The better you are able to demonstrate that your parents will be coming for a specific purpose temporary in nature, have the ability to support themselves and ties to their home country, the more likely the application will be approved. However, even with a good application the US consulate has discretion to grant or deny. Once a denial has been issued it is even more difficult to obtain an approval. Ti crease the probability you may want to have just one parent come. An immigration attorney can help.

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.