Skip to main content

Avoiding jail felony third shoplifting virginia

Rocky Mount, VA |

ten dollars i was sick with records and clerk said something was not right/ past does notmlook good records being third offence

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Do you have a question of a general nature one of us could answer? Otherwise, it seems the best thing you could do is work with your Attorney to avoid jail.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.


Ok based on your question....I think you are saying you are charged with a third shoplifting offense in Virginia....and that you don't want to go to jail....and it involved ten dollars worth of something. Don't post details...good job w/ that so far ;) but really, call a criminal defense attorney who handles cases near you. Please don't post any details about the case or case(s) for your own benefit.

This is not legal advice: it is intended to be used for general informational or educational purposes only. For a free case evaluation, visit


You should speak with your lawyer. But if you need a referral to a Franklin County defense attorney, feel free to call my office at 540-985-0098.


In Virginia one can be charged with a felony petit larceny if the accused has 2 prior convictions for like offenses, no matter the dollar amount. You will need a good lawyer. You may be able to avoid jail time even if convicted but you may end up with a felony conviction and probation. Your lawyer may be able to get the felony reduced to a misdemeanor but that usually comes with some jail time. Consult with a good, reputable lawyer in your area.

You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation Every situation has it's own circumstances that could affect the outcome or legal advice.


Contact a local criminal defense attorney IMMEDIATELY!!!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer