Skip to main content

Average fee for a lawyer to procces a deferred action ?

Dallas, TX |

I was deported in 2002 but reenter the country illegaly and never leave again . Can I take advantege of the deferred action ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Good question, some attorneys think that, if you reentered before 6/15/2007 you can get deferred action, but will have a big bar to getting a greencard in the future. Others have an opposite opinion. The program is too new to say for sure.

I suggest NOT filing or a while.

As for fees, in all honesty, since we're not allowed by ethical rules and in some states anti-trust laws, we don't discuss fees with each other, much less the public.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


You should have an attorney review your case. If that attorney decides they will take the case they fees will be discussed between you both.


You need to speak privately with an attorney before you apply. You can compare fees and differences in opinion by consulting with at least two or three before selecting one.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.


Whatever we charge is too little for what we are putting ourselves through with this one..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


in austin i would charge about $3,000 go see rick fernandez in dallas a great attorney.

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.