Attorneys in the Los Angeles area who have experience with plastic surgery malpractice cases?

North Hollywood, CA |

Hello. I underwent a procedure for a hairline lowering procedure, and suffered extreme hairloss as a result of the surgery. I understand that this was a cosmetic procedure, but nowhere in the pre-op agreement was I told that this permanent hair loss (shock loss) was a risk.

I did sign a document before the procedure stating that all legal matters would have to go to arbitration. Any advice on how to handle this is appreciated. Ideally, I would be interested in speaking with a lawyer who has experience in medical negligence, or something related to cosmetic surgery deformities. Thank you for your help.

Best way to find an answer would be to search on AVVO and other legal referral services or just the topic itself. You might also call the LA bar association for a referral. My county's bar referral service screens all attorneys applying for membership on any panel for which it makes a referral.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

First, get your medical file. Second take it to MedMal Attorney and have hoim review it for malpractice. Third. Watch out for the MICRA cap which in California is only $250 k , a courtesy for the strong insurance lobby, which convinced the legislators to cap the limits in a medical malpractice case. Best of luck.,

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Avvo has a wonderful "find a lawyer" tool.

I am an attorney working in Los Angeles who handles these types of cases. I am currently handling a case on behalf of another hair procedure client and feel I can help you as well.