Skip to main content

Attorney not communicating with client - child support and custody hearing. judge order a pymt that is way outside of guideline

Rockville, MD |

i have a pending child support case in new york and i also filed for custody of my child there. i hired an attorney who did not show up to the hearing - judge is requiring that i pay $4,000 a month until the next hearing. i do not make enough money to pay that money. my attorney was suppose to file an appeal for the order which i am supposed to start paying today. i have been reaching out the attorney for over a week and he is not responding to any of my messages...i paid him a few for the child support case but he is not representing me. i have no idea what to do or how to approach this. i guess i need to find a new attorney asap to take the case over....any thoughts on what to do

The child support and custody case is for the state of nyc

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to list the location in New York when you post your question so that New York attorneys can answer your question. Good luck!

This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege since this is a public forum. The information provided does not create an attorney-client relationship. No communications with me on this forum shall be construed as arising out of an attorney-client relationship. If a client needs specific legal advice or opinions, he or she should retain counsel for advice or to undertake representation.


Your query is currently being sent to Maryland attorneys. Make sure your query is addressed to attorneys in New York, and if you list the city and county where your court order is filed you can more easily direct your query to the attorneys who can help you the most.

This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship with you. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California.