Skip to main content

Attorney fees? What if you are now unemployed due to arrest?

Huntingdon, PA |

Last night I was arrested for a DUI charge. However, there are many circumstances that do not make sense and I am unsure of whether or not it can be upheld in court.

I was in a local store for almost an hour before the cops showed up for a verbal altercation that occurred in the store with a bunch of people. I did have some to drink, but not a lot. I snapped. I couldnt believe the things I was hearing. About an hour after police reports and what not, they made me submit a test to see if I was capable of driving home. I failed the test. Two hours after the fact that I 'drove my car' I was also in the store drinking while waiting on food. I even called for a ride in the store from my cell phone. They took me to the hospital threatened me with jail time if I refused the blood test.

I wanted to post about why I flipped out on a couple in the store but it was because they were talking about getting a couple 12 year old girls drunk and letting them basically be gang raped, along with stealing money from mentally challenged adults at their employment. I am a teacher, and I was employed for a group home until this incident happened last night. I now have lost my job, and will never find work because of evidence that I dont think should count for anything. I was with the cops longer than I should have been because I was arguing with them as to why these people who were both recently out of rehab and jail were not being questioned about what I heard and how I was a good person and was just voicing my opinion That is then when they decided to give me a test to see if I could drive home.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You will get a lawyer appointed to represent you if you cannot afford counsel.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


You need to consult with one or more qualified criminal defense attorneys who practice in your area. Most here will consult initially without charge. Take advantage of that to speak privately and confidentially with them to get a better understanding of your options and the fees that will be charged.


You have a defense so you should stop posting incriminating information on line and instead, retain an experienced criminal defense attorney . Good luck.


Your ability to get your job back or obtain new employment will not be determined by this incident but how you respond to it. The fact that you have found yourself in this forum suggest you already know how to appropriately respond -- consult with and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney.

When you find yourself in your situation, it is easy to feel like the sky is falling in and assume the worst. By consulting with legal counsel, you place yourself in a position to receive objective feedback from a person experienced in dealing with these types of situations. As a result, you may find 2 things: 1) there is hope; and, 2) you may have the financial capacity to retain a private attorney.

Don't dismiss options without first exploring them, which is what you have begun doing right here. Your rights, your freedom and your livelihood depend on it.

As previously stated by another attorney, many attorneys, like me, offer free initial phone consultations. All you have to do is pick up the phone and dial. It's a simple first step. Take it.

Good luck.

The information provided herein neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor should it be used or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Communications made in open forums are neither made in a confidential setting nor protected by the attorney-client privilege. You should consult directly with an attorney to obtain a full evaluation of your case.


Contact an experienced DUI attorney in your area right away

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer