Skip to main content

Asylum case denied by officer

New York, NY |

have been in valid F1 status for 2 years. My status is ending, how do I get placed into immigration court to claim my asylum with the judge

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact the asylum office and resubmit your application.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


You hire an immigration attorney in NYC to deal with it. It is not a small issue nowdays in New York Also, asylum is a very complicated process. It is complicated conceptually, practically, evidentiary and frin the procedural stand point as well. It is especially complicated before an immigration court. Because an application for asylum in general is very analytically challenging and procedurally complex undertaking, it requires professional expertise to overcome the complexity of the challenge. Statistically, presence of an experienced immigration attorney on the case improves your chances of achieving positive outcome by about 50%.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I agree that you need to hire an immigration attorney experienced with asylum work. You also need to know that approval rates vary significantly by judge in New York, some information on the record of the different judges is available on-line.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, fees for asylum can be expensive because of the amount of work in preparing a good application, you will find a number of charities that may be able to provide you with a team of pro-bono lawyers from larger firms for free. If you want to tell me a little about the basis of your case I can give you the names of organizations/charities that might help you. Except for very particular types of cases involving certain social groupings my firm does not take asylum cases.

If you can afford apricots lawyer make sure to ask them about their record with asylum cases from your country with a similar basis of claim to yours and their knowledge of the different judges in New York.

I hope this helps!


This answer should be considered to be general information only and does not constitute legal advice. Our firm has not, is not currently and does not plan to take any action on your behalf. We do not represent you as your immigration attorney and we urge you to take legal advice from an experienced immigration attorney. Please feel free to e-mail us at, visit us at or call us directly with any further questions.