Asylum Applicant , How long can the asylum decision take for out of status ?

Cleveland, OH |

we almost a year after our interview waiting for the decision and the USCIS tell us that we are pending , is it a good sign ?

Best Answer

It does not mean anything except that CIS has not finished review your application.

216.861.4414
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
1476 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

It is no sign. It is the reality of today's asylum application processing across the country.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

so for how long may it take ? could will we wait for years ?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

No. It will not take years. You should hire an immigration attorney to represent you.

in asylum cases do you think if they will refuse, is it take short time OR long time and if they will accept it take long time or short time OR it doesn't matter ?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I did not get your quesiton, sorry

some lawyers say , after interview if it's pass long time it's good sign as if the USCIS will refuse or deny it takes short time , is it right ?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Some lawyers like to speculate. I do not.

I already pending now , if I hire a lawyer now , what can he change in my case or the decision ?

No, it's because asylum waiting times are getting longer and longer.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

so could it be for many years ?

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Usually many months up to a year.