Asset protection recovery letter?

Richmond, IN |

I received a letter from a Walmart today that I have never been to with my name on it.
It states the following
To Whom It May Concern,
The incident in which you were involved may have implications beyond criminal charges. In addition to any criminal penalties, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is allowed by state statute to recover civil remedies as a result of this incident

If applicable, The Law Offices of Michael Ira Asen, P.C. will contact you on behalf of Walmart Stores, Inc
You must respond promptly to all correspondence you receive from Wal-Mart stores, Inc., or The Law Offices of Michael Ira Asen, P.C.
Please allow 14 business days to complete processing of this incident, at which time you may contact our office at (800)236.7428, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Central Standard T

"Central Standard Time, for assistance sincerely, assest protection recovery walmart stores, INC IN bold letters {This notification is not a relase from criminal prosecution nor does it negate trespass warnings issued by Wal-mart Stores, Inc. This letter came from a walmart thats 100 and some miles away.

Sounds like a letter they send to shoplifters. If you "google" the number 800-236-7428 you will find many instances involving this. If it is not you, they may have an error in your social security number or driver license number, which they got from the true defendant.

If you need representation, call us at (530) 758-8317 or email thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com.

Thank you should I ignore this what if they do somehow use my SSN or if they somehow illegally obtained this.

I agree with my colleague.
I would add that if you have not had any adverse dealings with Walmart (particularly shoplifting), you may consider calling the attorney mentioned in the letter to inform them of the mistake.
Be aware that talking to an adverse attorney without an attorney of your own can be dangerous, so you should strongly consider having a local attorney make this call for you.
However, not making the call could leave the other attorney to continue pursuing a claim against you and the next paper you receive could be served to you by a Sheriff Deputy.

I see you practice in Fort Wayne is this so? I actually live there. I might have a case worth pursuing with a rather large purse. That I'd be willing to see the lawyer with the highest outcome. If interested please reply if not thank you for your advice.

James Allen Hanson

James Allen Hanson

I'm not taking clients right now. I'll be opening back up sometime in December. You can send a description of you case to jim.hanson1972@gmail.com and I can see about getting you a good referral. If it looks like something I think I can help you with, I'd be happy to discuss options with you about taking the case in a December, as well.

Sent Thank you so much!