Asked to have dna oral swab/finger prints while on probation?

Muncie, IN |

I got in trouble two years ago, I have been on probation almost a year and a half, I will be getting off in three months, I have messed up once while on probation and had to go to stricter probation in order to "get out of the trouble". But, my probation officer asked me for a dna oral swab/finger prints, she said this is going to be taken to a dna database in Indiana, but she didn't have me sign any papers or anything. I'm paranoid to why this is happening because other ppl that I know that are felons said this has not happened to them? Please help.

It sounds pretty routine. Stop taking legal advice from convicted felons unless they are also lawyers.

This is a fairly new statewide procedure that is required in all felony probation cases, and may also be required in misdemeanor probation cases.