As owner of the company the disadvantage to finance my business by way of I.P.O?

New York, NY |

significant litigation, multiple liens, diminished control?

As an owner, which is the disadvantage to finance my business by way of an initial public offering(stock sale)? significant litigation, multiple liens, diminished control?

Unclear what your question is. More details please. Is it a question of giving equity versus debt?

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Giving up equity instead of taking on debt.

You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a New York business law attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible.

I think your question would need to be explored in much greater detail before any insights could be offered. An IPO is a very complicated and costly affair.

Perhaps you should discuss your objectives over with a lawyer in private. Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Frank
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
New York, NY
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

There are so many different ways the answer to this question could change depending on your circumstances. The size of your company, the industry, the current ownership, the need for liquidity, etc. Any of us would gladly help you if you gave us more to work with.