As an unmarried mother, am I entitled to more than just childsupport?

Fresno, CA |

My daughter, now-ex-boyfriend, and I just moved here from the east coast to live with with his mother for extra support. He has decided to break up with me because I can't have anymore children. Now 3000 miles away from family and home, I need to know what my options are.

Child support plus add on expenses such as medical expenses and day care. That's all. You may want to have a consultation with a local family law attorney to discuss your situation.

Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at schwerin@ix.netcom.com. Consultation fees, rates and retainers vary based on need and ability to pay.

You have several issues to address at this point, including child custody, visitation and support. You may also have a right to have your attorney fees paid by him if the legal requirements are met. There are additional facts needed to correctly answer your question. We offer a free consultation should you wish to confidentially discuss your case. 559-439-9999.

The answer is based upon the limited information provided and does not create an attorney-client privileged relationship.

Does he have money? Is he the father? How long have you been here? Where do you want to stay/go? Answers to these questions may lead to more questions. You could be stuck with Calworks, but there is a system in place not to leave you stranded. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation.