Skip to main content

As a US Immigrant visa holder (didn't travel to US yet), for how long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?

Buffalo, NY |

What's the maximum stay for a US citizen to visit Canada at a time, and if it is X period of time can I go back to US and return to Canada the same day to start an X period again?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This question is best answered by Canadian immigration lawyers. Here at Avvo we are US immigration lawyers and don't much, if anything about Canadian immigration laws.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I suggest contacting a Canadian immigration lawyer

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


I see you are from Buffalo. There are various immigration attorneys there that are also Canadian listened.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


"a US Immigrant visa holder" is never a "a US citizen". A person who is not a US citizen but claims to be one will have severe immigration problems with the US government.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer