Skip to main content

As a inmate, how do I proceed with a lawsuit for , either civil rights or personal injury attorney against, my medical condition

Euless, TX |

I have been convicted of a crime, but my medical condition of having seizures and strokes, they have not treated me correctly, the have overdosed me several times, and have gotten hurt on several occasions, due to there negligence of not paying attention while on there watch. I have went to the hospital and it has been documented. Can someone tell me how to proceed with an attorney and which type of attorney I will need.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would contact both and see who can help you. A consult from both can't hurt.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


You'll be lucky to get any lawyer to help with this, so you may want to offer an up-front fee to entice a lawyer.


Civil Rights and Personal Injury

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer