Skip to main content

As a green card holder, can I file I130 for my mother?

Los Angeles, CA |

I am wondering if it is possible for me, an LPR, to file I130 for my mother because I did not see it under any category. I am itching to bring my mother here. If it's not possible, can I invite her for a visit?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration Green cards
Attorney answers 2


There is no category for that, but you can invite her for a visit.


A US green card holder can only sponsor his/her spouse and unmarried children.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer