Skip to main content

As a dependent, how can I prove my "economic necessity" to qualify for the deferred action work permit?

City Of Industry, CA |

I am 18 years old and a dependent under my parents. I qualify for deferred action. My question is regarding the I-765 Worksheet form. The form only asks for three pieces of financial information; namely "my current income", "my current annual expenses", "the current value of my assets". Instructions on the form state: "It is not necessary to submit supporting documentation, though it will be accepted and reviewed if you choose to submit it." As a dependent, should I state my parents' income and expenses?

Also, there is an "additional information" section to provide an explanation of whatever I do put down.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


By documenting your income and your expenses.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Speak to a qualified immigration attorney. There is more at stake here than you think.

Best of luck,

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
(888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer