Skip to main content

Arrested PWC/NO OL, BOND w/ICE. Hearing w/ICE the end of Aug. How much do you charge for Employment based petition?

Woodbridge, VA |
Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

FYI, the filing of an employment-based petition will not result in lawful immigration status that will prevent deportation. That said, you could start a process and, if successful, the foreign national can re-enter the U.S. lawfully down the road. Depending on the facts of this particular case, "down the road" may mean several years, provided there are no convictions, etc. that result in a permanent bar.

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


No one that I am aware of quotes fees on a blog like Avvo.

The acronyms PWC/NO OL may be clear to a VA attorney, but not to me.

I suggest you meet with an attorney for a private consultation.

Capriotti International Law

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague and add that not only would you need a petitioning employer, but the employer must pay at least some of the fees.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer