Arrested Friday Dwi, arraigned Saturday, Nassau NY 1 year later sentenced on a THURSDAY do I get a walk through.

East Meadow, NY |

My lawyer says no but I was told from a lawyer on this site that said yes. I have no priors not even a moving violation

Need more info. A walk-thru would be on a sentence of 5 days. On a sentence of 7 days, you would stay overnight.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

See my answer to your second post.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Since you already have representation, you should be talking with your attorney to get a detailed explanation and firm answer to your question.

No walk through in Nassau for DWI you're doing substantial time.