Skip to main content

Arrested for possession of CDS Heroin. What can I do to appease the courts for a chance to have the charge expunged.

Springfield, NJ |

Never arrested or convicted. Awaiting court for possession of Heroin and a small amount of Cocaine. I am not a drug user, I have anxiety and took too much of my medication, which made my inhibitions low and allowed me do something I would never do. I should detox off this medication (S4) prescribed to me, never mentioned in case. Will this help my case if I go to detox for this medicine? I am awaiting trial, already plead not guilty. I would like a chance at PTI or charges dropped. What will help me before the court date, detox, rehab? I was put in handcuffs, never read my rights, the person that brought me to purchase the drugs was an informant (never got his name), he was never searched, had drugs on him and was let go, the police report has many inconsistencies, released without bail

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


OK, slow down. There are a whole lot of issues involved in this matter, and I don't think most attorneys would begin to answer all of those questions, as there are too many variables and questions that need to be asked and answered first. If you already plead not guilty and are "awaiting trial" I am assuming you have an attorney. This sounds like a very workable case, so relax. Speak to the attorney and they can narrow the issues down and give you sound advice. Good luck!

If this answer helped you, please be so kind as to mark it "helpful" or "best answer". This would be greatly appreciated! Please remember that attorney answers to questions on this forum are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. And with any legal issue, a full and exhaustive knowledge of the case is imperative to give you the best advice. So it is always advised that you consult with an attorney.


I agree with Mr. Bianchi. You should be talking over all if these issues with your lawyer.


Same answer. Speak to your attorney.


Your facts are too unclear and rambling, If you have an attorney already, speak to him in detail as to these concerns. If you don't, hire an attorney immediately.

Do NOT rely on this answer as the information provided here is not legal advice nor is it a substitute for legal advice which requires a consultation with a lawyer. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Retain an attorney ASAP. In Union County such a first offense is clearly PTI eligible and maybe a downgraded too. Gregg Flemming is the AP who screens these cases. Your attorney should contact Flemming ASAP. Al Zabady is the AP who runs PTI. He too should be contacted.


The best thing you can do is hire a lawyer and discuss it with him/her. Rehab and counseling are always good, but won't solve the situation on it own.


f you have no criminal convictions, then you obviously have more options than if you've had any. You raise many complicated and challenging legal and factual issues. If you cannot afford private counsel, you can apply for a court appointed attorney. Ultimately, you will need an attorney to help you navigate this process. Best of luck to you!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer