Skip to main content

Arrested for disorderly conduct in apartment complex, one night in jail.. did not hurt anybody or damage property..what now?

Glendale, AZ |

i was arrested for disorderly conduct and spent one night in jail...I did not hurt anybody or damage any property, however I was intoxicated and acting pretty out of control, i was yelling and being disruptive...this will be my first offence, i have a court date i need to attend, what should I most likely expect to happen from here?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


if you were charged with Disorderly Conduct, the maximum sentence available under Arizona law is 6 months in jail, a $250@ fine plus up to 84% in surcharges, and 3 years of probation. The likely offer to you will probably be a plea to the charge plus a fine and/or a relatively short term of probation. Assuming that there are no viable defense of suppression issues, you should see if a diversion program is available (where you could attend and complete say, alcohol classes, and earn a dismissal of the charges).

If the State is not seeking jail time or probation, you will NOT be appointed a public defender if you cannot afford an attorney. If you can afford an attorney you should consider hiring one as soon as possible.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you. My website link appears below.


Chances are that you will NOT be appointed a public defender and as with any criminal charge, the earlier you get an attorney, the more opportunities there are for a zealous and creative defense. Based on learning more facts, diversion is a possiblilty that might be available to you. I would encourage you to contact an attorney at your earliest convenience to learn all your options.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer