Skip to main content

Arrested by FBI & DEA 15 years ago. Do I still have anything to worry about??

Philadelphia, PA |

In 1998 I was arrested after my home was raided by DEA and FBI for purchasing 500 ecstasy pills from an informant. I was bailed out the next day and placed on federal house arrest. I "cooperated" with the DEA. All I did was meet up with a DEA agent one time with my attorney and tell him everything I've ever bought and sold and who I bought it from. I never heard back from the Feds or DEA after that meeting.
I ended up getting off of house arrest after a little over a year later, which was still pretrial. My lawyer contacted the federal prosecutors office and got me off house arrest somehow. 

Now, it's 2013 and I still haven't heard anything about the case. I know I don't have warrants out for my arrest as I've been pulled over for traffic violations and gone to court for them recently.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


1) Don't assume that you don't have warrants outstanding just because you have been pulled over and not take into custody. I've had several client's with warrants that have made it through traffic stops and court appearances just fine.
2) You need to go back to the attorney who represented you to determine the status of your case. He or she should know. If not he is in the best position to find out. No one on this board can tell you tor rest easy. Best of Luck.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.


Mr. Zucker has it right. Contact your attorney who has been involved from the beginning and have him find out the status of the case. I am sure that this matter is causing a lot of anxiety so you need closure. Good luck.


You should get a lawyer to contact the FBI or the DEA and see whats going on with that case. Hopefully, this never went anywhere, and you get off without any problems. I would suggesting getting in contact with your original lawyer, or find a criminal lawyer in Philadelphia who can help you.

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102


Be proactive. Retain a criminal defense attorney in Philadelphia to look into this. Find out whether or not the charges have been resolved. From there you should speak with an attorney about the options that are available. You ought to follow up on this.