Skip to main content


Pitman, NJ |

How to postpone an arraignment a second time in municipal court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Hire an attorney. Because if you continue to not appear the court will issue a warrant. Once you are arraigned most municipal courts are fairly reasonable when it comes to adjournments except for DWI cases.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is based only on the limited information provided in the question.


You need permission from the court. They are not likely to give you more than one unless you have a lawyer or an emergency.


Some courts will allow you to enter a not guilty plea in Municipal Court by attorney's letter and thereby postpone the case. This is not always the case because not all Municipal Courts are run the same way.

Good luck-

Note: For informational purposes only. Seek an in person consultation with an attorney to be informed about all of your rights.


I agree with my colleagues. You need to corroborate an excuse at this point (like a doctor's note etc.) or get an attorney. But why the concern about an arraignment? If it to buy time the best way is with an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer