Skip to main content

Arizona photo radar ticket, but moving out of country?

Lemoore, CA |

I just recently moved from Maryland to California and on a trip to AZ we were snapped going 66 in a 55. I just got a "traffic violation notice" in the mail. My husband was driving but glare on the windshield is obscuring his face. I don't know if that is relevent. I have an AZ drivers license but this information is not on the form. They are asking me to mail a clear copy of my license to the court. We are moving to Japan in a matter of days. I certainly don't want a warrant out for me but I don't have time to go to court! Please advise on how to proceed with this!

I meant to add that the violation notice was sent to my MD address several weeks ago and just now made it's way to me with 6 days left on the response timeline. It was also issued in my name and I wasn't the one driving.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


From your facts, it appears that the summons was issued in the name of the registered owner. If you are moving out of country, consider hiring an AZ lawyer to appear on your behalf to resolve this matter. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER I do not practice law in your State. This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.


Radar can give rise to defenses that can be raised. Photo evidence does too. You need to be represented by an attorney skilled in these matters, though, to take advantage of any potential defenses.

Negotiating a resolution acceptable to you given the circumstances of your case will take an attorney familiar with the policies and procedures of the court to increase that likelihood.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer