Skip to main content

Are there fee waivers in California for small claims court?

Fresno, CA |

Can I get the court fees waived if I file a small claims case in Calif. using the FW001 form?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Yes, there are fee waivers available for small claims court cases. Judicial Council Form FW-001 is the correct form.

For more information on fee waivers, see:

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.


yes there are fee waivers. Dont have the court serve the claim for you, have someone do it properly. Often defts will not sign for certified mail of the claim.


The answer is yes there are fee waivers, see Judicial Council Form FW-001.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.